Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Are we going to be skimmers?

Check this picture out. A bunch of people in an open field at the edge of town. A makeshift podium. A polished shovel. Ready to break ground for the American Protestant Church of The Hague. How did they come up with the idea to take Protestant Chapel at the Brussels World Expo apart, piece by piece, and move it to The Hague? Who thought of that? Who raised their eyebrows in disbelief at this hair-brained idea? Who made it happen? I admire these folks for their fearless imagination and the legacy they have left.

Will we honor their legacy by showing courageous leadership? Or will we be skimmers? Will we live off the risks and sacrifices of the bygone generation without significantly adding anything? You tell me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With your text, you inspire me to try to be the best that I am and lead the best that I can. For which I thank you.
Barbara

Tim Blackmon said...

Thanks Barbara! Lead well.